Monday 14th December
The Xmas 200 Club draw took place in the clubhouse yesterday. The numbers were drawn by Roger Moffatt and the £25 winners are:
And the £250 winner is.......
Thank you to all those who take part for your support. It is very much appreciated.
There are still some unclaimed cheques behind the bar from previous draws. You’ll find the details in earlier posts on this website.
Sunday 13th December
Covid update: The Tier 2 restrictions mean that it isn’t viable to open the clubhouse. The situation is however under constant review so all hope that the clubhouse might be open over the Xmas and New Year period for a few socially distanced beers accompanied by a ‘substantial meal’ hasn’t vanished. In the meantime, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all our members and friends who have supported us during a very difficult year.
Monday 14th September
The latest 200 club draw was held over the weekend, below is a list of winners. Please contact Mally for the cheques
Nick Wilkes -
A Ablitt -
Robin Lee -
Ken Fisher -
Robin Lee -
Phil Danson -
Shaun Foster -
Ian McAllister -
F King -
Ian McAllister -
Col Brannon -
Terry Field -
John Mallinson -
Tuesday 18th August
A number of winning 200 Club cheques remain to be collected. They are all £25 winners and the list is as follows:
Tony Cockburn (2)
J & F Quirk
They are available for collection from the club. Directions will be supplied if required. If you'd prefer your cheque to be posted please send your postal address to email@example.com
Wednesday 22nd July
The latest amended fixture list, plus any amendments can be found under the “Fixtures” menu
Friday 10th July
These guidance notes are non-
• Act responsibly and use common sense at all times – we’re all in this together
• Try and follow the recommended social distancing guidelines at all times and take careful note of, and observe, the signage both inside and outside the clubhouse
• Please observe the one way queuing systems in place for the bar and the ladies toilets -
• Drinks will be served in plastic glasses ( we have extra large Gin balloon glasses). Bottles are allowed.
• Smoking/vaping will only be allowed in the designated smoking/vaping area with strictly no smoking/vaping at tables
• Anyone found bringing their own alcohol into the venue may be asked to leave
• If large groups form they will be required to disperse
• The club has a limited supply of outdoor seating and customers are encouraged to bring their own outdoor chairs/picnic blankets
• Whilst cash will be accepted customers are encouraged to pay by card
• This is a new venture for the club and almost inevitably there will be one or two teething problems -
• Remember, we can’t control the weather – if it rains there will be limited space available under the gazebo(s) and in the pitch side stand but social distancing will still need to be observed so space may be at a premium
• Children under the age of 16 will be allowed on the premises until 8pm but only if accompanied by an adult who will be expected to ensure they observe all the protocols in place – failure to do so may result in the child(ren) and adult(s) being asked to leave
• The club is surrounded by residential housing – please respect our neighbours and endeavour to keep noise to a minimum
• The clubhouse and grounds will close at 10pm on Saturdays and 9pm on Sundays – last orders will be called half an hour before closing time and drinks will be removed if not consumed by closing time
• We haven’t got a clue how busy we are going to be, and whilst we’ve got loads of beer in if we sell out then we might have to close early -
• Club social memberships are available to buy for £10 (for a season) which amongst other things means 10% off your bar bills
Other than all that we hope you have a great time.
Thursday 4th June
The first socially distancing pre season training session got underway yesterday evening with 6 players (maximum allowed) getting some fitness done. We’re recruiting new players and anyone else who wants to make a contribution to our club, so please get in touch with Dai Hunphreys on (07415 000640) if you’re interested.
All of this will be done within the latest Corona Virus Guidelines
The Strawberry Grounds
Croslands Park Road
Barrow in Furness
Cumbria, LA13 9NH