Monday 29th June
We'd like to welcome you all to our beer garden this weekend, here are some club rules based upon the government guidelines. We have plenty of seating, though It would be great if some of you would kindly bring along some camping chairs and picnic rugs, to help us out whilst we assess the potential demand over coming weeks. Like everyone we are hoping for a change in the weather, we're praying to the Sun Gods! More news to follow this week.
These guidance notes are non-
• Act responsibly and use common sense at all times – we’re all in this together
• Try and follow the recommended social distancing guidelines at all times and take careful note of, and observe, the signage both inside and outside the clubhouse
• Please observe the one way queuing systems in place for the bar and the ladies toilets -
• Drinks will be served in plastic glasses ( we have extra large Gin balloon glasses). Bottles are allowed.
• Smoking/vaping will only be allowed in the designated smoking/vaping area with strictly no smoking/vaping at tables
• Anyone found bringing their own alcohol into the venue may be asked to leave
• If large groups form they will be required to disperse
• The club has a limited supply of outdoor seating and customers are encouraged to bring their own outdoor chairs/picnic blankets
• Whilst cash will be accepted customers are encouraged to pay by card
• This is a new venture for the club and almost inevitably there will be one or two teething problems -
• Remember, we can’t control the weather – if it rains there will be limited space available under the gazebo(s) and in the pitch side stand but social distancing will still need to be observed so space may be at a premium
• Children under the age of 16 will be allowed on the premises until 8pm but only if accompanied by an adult who will be expected to ensure they observe all the protocols in place – failure to do so may result in the child(ren) and adult(s) being asked to leave
• The club is surrounded by residential housing – please respect our neighbours and endeavour to keep noise to a minimum
• The clubhouse and grounds will close at 10pm on Saturdays and 9pm on Sundays – last orders will be called half an hour before closing time and drinks will be removed if not consumed by closing time
• We haven’t got a clue how busy we are going to be, and whilst we’ve got loads of beer in if we sell out then we might have to close early -
• Club social memberships are available to buy for £10 (for a season) which amongst other things means 10% off your bar bills
Other than all that we hope you have a great time.
Friday 12th June
The 200 Club draw took place in the car park earlier today and the winners are listed below. Due to a combination of Covid 19 and Nat West bank inefficiency in failing to supply a cheque book the winners from the March draw have yet to be paid out. John Mallinson will be calling on Eddie Northcott with the cheques for both draws, 26 in all, for signature in the next few days after which they will be available for collection when the club reopens on 4 July.
Thursday 4th June
** Things appear to be slowly returning to some kind of normality **
The first socially distancing pre season training session got underway yesterday evening with 6 players (maximum allowed) getting some fitness done. We’re recruiting new players and anyone else who wants to make a contribution to our club, so please get in touch with Dai Hunphreys on (07415 000640) if you’re interested.
All of this will be done within the latest Corona Virus Guidelines
Thursday 2nd April
Well that looks like it is officially the end of the season -
17th March 2020
Following a Management meeting at the club today and having taken into consideration the advice from both Government and RFU advisor’s, we have taken the decision to close Furness Rugby Club until at least 14th April 2020. Further decisions regarding the opening of the club after this date will be taken following further consultations and advice. Please keep an eye on this website for any further information and updates on the impact of the Corona virus on our club. Stay safe.
Friday 13th March
The Coronavirus is now hitting hard, with nearly all sporting events being called off. So our International Forecast comes to an abrupt halt, the results from last week will stand, so it is looking like 1 winner for the £200 top prize and probably 4 winners sharing the second prize giving £25 each, all will be sorted after checking.
Wednesday 11th March
We have decided that the Forecast will end after the Wales v Scotland match Saturday. With three games postponed we have decided that it would be easier to do so, especially as no one knows if or when the postponed matches will be played.
Friday 7th February
All the Forecast tickets that we have received have now been entered, giving a total of 797 players this year.
Want to watch the Furness History.
(Be aware this is a 1.3GB download)
The Strawberry Grounds
Croslands park Road, Off Abbey Road
Barrow in Furness
Cumbria, LA13 9LA